Developing and commercializing novel products utilizing hydrogel
technologies to treat conditions with currently inadequate therapies
Here are some interesting points that set Trillium Meditec apart.
Our Offering -PolyZen™
An injectable hydrogel technology for the immediate management of the joint pain associated with osteoarthritis & future applications in spinal cord injury treatment, and other regenerative medicine applications
MEET OUR TEAM
Strong Leadership Team
All things PolyZen™
Find out more about PolyZen™ and its uses.
Degradation of cartilage and synovial fluid in the joints that prevents friction between the bones leading to constant pain & limited joint movement. Over 242M people are currently living with symptomatic and activity-limiting osteoarthritis (OA).
Current treatment options are inadequate:
- Pain medication – only provides temporary pain management
- Orthotics/Knee braces – discomfort & mixed results
- Total joint replacement – invasive, costly and an end of the line necessity
- Viscosupplementation (Intra-articular injections) – effective but degrades quickly
PolyZen™ is a zwitterionic in situ gelling hydrogel.
- The zwitterionic component provides excellent antifouling properties that lead to high lubrication that mimics native and healthy synovial fluid
- The in-situ gelling mechanism allows us to tailor physiochemical properties such as degradation rate and compressive strength
- This combination of properties allows for both lubrication and mechanical support that is otherwise unavailable in a single package
PolyZen™ exhibits the same fluid properties as healthy and natural synovial fluid & provides lubrication even under severe OA simulations.
Tunable viscosity to match synovial fluid viscosity ranges
Significantly better lubrication than leading hyaluronic acid-based viscosupplements
The elasticity of PolyZen™ hydrogels can be customized to levels closer to the human cartilage compared to the HA-based hydrogels